- Community members and students not enrolled in UCC credit classes are welcome to use the Computer Lab up to one hour per day.
- If you are not currently enrolled in a UCC credit class or if you are printing items for personal use, please pay $.05 per printed page for your print jobs at the Circulation Desk.
- Lab printers are not available for special print jobs, such as printing to labels, envelopes, colored paper, or any products other than the plain white letter size paper stocked in the printer.
- Please keep printing to a minimum.
- Library Lab computers are available on a first come, first served basis.
- No food or drink is allowed in the lab areas. Please use the nearby table to store these items while you're in the lab.
- Depending on availability, use of the library computers may be limited to current UCC students only. If you are a student using computers for activities unrelated to course assignments, you may be asked to leave the lab when it is full and others are waiting.
- No online gaming is permitted in the library lab between 9 am and 5 pm.
- The library computers are for accessing the Internet and library databases or for using applications related to classroom instruction as discussed in the UCC Acceptable Use Policy.
- Phone conversations are not permitted in the lab. Set cell phones to mute or vibrate; conduct calls outside the library.
- No talking or group work
- No one under 16 is allowed in the computer lab area. (Exception: underage students enrolled in a UCC class requiring the use of the library computers.)
- Operate the equipment with respect and care.
- Failure to abide by these rules could result in losing your access to library computers.
- Encourage others to use this resource responsibly. Please observe these policies and cooperate with Library Lab Aides and staff.
- Laptops are available for student check out.
SOFTWARE AND DATA FILES
- Do not install or download any software to the hard drive.
- Do not run any programs from any storage medium.
- Do not plug any portable back up units, digital cameras, or any other peripherals into the lab computers without permission. Check with the staff first.
- Software may be installed on the computers by Computer Services staff only.
- Modification of any of the installed programs or system files is not allowed.
- In case of hardware or software problems or the need for paper contact the Lab Aide or Library staff.
- Please do not reboot computer if it locks up. Contact the lab aide or library staff.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION!
“I have read and understand the Laptop Check-Out Policy (below). I agree to pay all costs associated with damage to this laptop computer or its replacement costs should it be lost or stolen. I understand that there are significant overdue fines for the late return of this laptop and that the replacement cost for this laptop is $1000 and any associated overdue fines.”
Check-Out Policies for Laptops
Library laptops are available to currently registered UCC students for 4 hour periods for use inside the library and may be checked out at the Library Service Desk during regular open hours.
Laptops must be returned no later than 15 minutes prior to closing.
Only UCC students currently enrolled in credit classes are eligible to check out Library Laptops. Students must show their UCC Student ID card with a current term sticker each time.
Laptops are available on a first come, first served basis and may not be reserved in advance. Only one laptop at a time may be borrowed by an individual.
A laptop and peripherals can be renewed with the student I.D. card used for checkout as long as item(s) are not overdue.
Late fees are .25/hour. Replacement cost is $1000 for a lost, damaged-beyond-repair, or stolen laptop
Always return the laptop to a library staff member-- DO NOT leave it unattended.
The student to whom the laptop is checked out is responsible for any associated costs if the laptop or peripheral is lost, stolen, damaged, or overdue.
Save files to your own storage media. Do not save personal files or download software to the laptop hard drive at any time. Once a laptop is rebooted this information is lost. Report any laptop issues immediately. If available, another will be checked out to you.
Report any problems with the laptop. If availability allows,another will be provided.
Watch for “battery low” warnings. Plug laptop into an approved library power source.
FAX CHARGES: In state: $1.00 first page; Out of state $2.00 first page; $.25 each additional page.
Incoming faxes: $.10 each page.
Success Center Conduct
- No cell phone use in the Success Center.
- No unattended children under the age of 12.
- No one under the age of 16 allowed in the computer lab (unless an enrolled UCC student.)
- No entering or exiting through doors labeled "personnel only" or "emergency exit", except in a case of emergency.
- In order to protect library materials, the library lobby exit is equipped with an automatic alarm system. If the alarm sounds when exiting the library, please do not proceed. Library materials may not have been properly checked out.
- When using the Success Center computer lab, abide by the rules and procedures established for the area.
- Snacks that aren't messy or smelly and drinks are allowed in the Success Center, except in the computer areas.
Locker Rental & Key Deposit
Return to the library circulation desk with the bookstore receipt. Your locker key will be issued at this time.
A fee of $1.00 per term will be calculated and deducted from the deposit, upon return of your locker key. Lockers used for partial terms will be charged at the full term rate.
All locker keys are due no later than the last day of summer term. If keys are not returned by the last day of summer term, deposits will be forfeited. Contents will be held in the library for 30 calendar days before being discarded.
If you lose your locker key, your locker key deposit is forfeited.
Term reserves are checked out for one term with the due date the last day of term. Term reserve overdue fines are charged at a rate of $ .25 per hour with a maximum fine of $10 for each title checked out.
Loan periods and other limits for reserve materials will be determined by the instructor. Any exceptions must be in writing, or direct phone contact between the instructor and library staff.
Overdue reserve materials must be returned before payment of fines will be accepted.
If a student owes a $5.00 overdue fine for the late return of a library laptop, they cannot check out another laptop until they pay the full $5.00.