UCC Celebrates Commencement on June 14
New this year, the College will hold a combined ceremony for all graduates and award more than 500 degrees, certificates, and diplomas.
ROSEBURG, Oregon – Umpqua Community College (UCC) will celebrate this year’s commencement ceremony on Friday, June 14, at 6 p.m. New this year, the College will hold a combined ceremony for all graduates, which includes degree, certificate, and Adult Basic Skills. Here is a breakdown of the more than 500 degrees, certificates, and diplomas to be awarded*:
- AAOT (Associate of Arts Oregon Transfer degree) = 157
- AS (Associate of Science) = 18
- AGS (Associate of General Studies) = 18
- AAS (Associate of Applied Science) = 119
- Certificates = 75
- Pathway Certificates = 15
- General Education Diplomas = 164
- Adult High School Diplomas = 2
This year, there are two noteworthy highlights:
- One student is simultaneously graduating from Phoenix Charter School and UCC. Along with receiving a high school diploma, the recipient has earned the credits necessary to graduate with an associate degree from UCC.
- Eight local high school students completed the College’s first-ever Umpqua Healthcare Career Certificate. The Pathway Certificate was developed in partnership with Douglas ESD and the school districts as part of a career-technical education grant to expose area youth to careers in the health field. The students are from Sutherlin and South Umpqua High Schools.
In addition to the traditional pomp and circumstance, UCC is also pleased to award an Honorary Degree to a community member. Friday’s ceremony takes place outdoors in Swanson Amphitheatre located at the main UCC campus.
*These are potential degrees and certificates to be awarded, not actual. The number could vary based on subsequent degree audit and completion.
About Umpqua Community College
Nestled in the beautiful North Umpqua River Valley, Umpqua Community College is the regional center for higher education in Douglas County, Oregon. UCC provides high quality college degree programs, workforce development, and community learning opportunities.
- Created on .