If you are in a crisis, want to use your Student Assistance Plan benefits, or have questions, call 24 hours: 1-866-750-1327
What is the student assistance plan and what can it offer you?
The SAP benefits are available to all Umpqua Community College students and their families at NO COST to you. Help is a phone call away. The SAP offers confidential advice, support and practical solutions to real life issues. You can access these confidential services by calling the toll-free number and speaking to a consultant.
SAP Services for Students and their Families
Confidential Counseling: Up to 6 video or telephone counseling sessions for relationship and family issues, stress, anxiety and other common challenges.
Peer Support Groups: Online support groups for addiction, depression, bipolar, anxiety, parenting, LGBTQ+, frontline workers, and grief
Tess AI Chat-bot: 24/7 chatbot for emotional support and check-ins to boost wellness. Text Hi to 1650 825 9634 to get started
Life Balance Services: Childcare Information and Referral, Legal Services and Online Forms, Financial Help, Adult and Eldercare Information and Referral
To sign up for services: Call 844-492-0546 or acccess website at ibhsolutions.com/members, click on RBH logo, ACCESS Code: UCC, Click the My Benefits button.
Counseling Services with the Wellness Counselor
To learn more about staff and services see here.
The Wellness Counselor provides a variety of mental health and wellness and specialty services to students who are enrolled at UCC. We can assist with many common student personal concerns and provide the following services:
- Brief personal counseling, skills training and case management assisting with personal issues interfering with academic success such as: anxiety, depression, grief, trauma, interpersonal concerns, stress management, life transitions etc.
- Referrals to campus and community resources for long-term personal counseling needs.
- Assistance connecting to resources related to housing, food, and other resources available in the community.
To make a virtual Zoom appointment with the Wellness Counselor:
- Sign into Advisor Trac with your 800 # and password (same as banner).
- Select "Search availabilities", then "Life Coaching". You will see a list of available appointment times in green. Select the one that works for you and then once you have entered the required information click "submit." You will get a confirmation sent to your student email.
- Within 1 business day, you will receive directions in your student email and a link to enter a Zoom virtual meeting with the UCC Life Coach, at the time of the set appointment.
Alternatively, you can call 541-440-7900 and front office staff can help you make an appointment. Within 1 business day, you will receive directions in your student email, along with a link to enter a zoom virtual meeting with the UCC Life Coach, and the time of the set appointment.
Hours & Information
LaVerne Murphy Student Center - map
Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday - Friday
Phone: 541-440-7900 or 541-440-7896
Virtual meetings via Zoom™.