- Our Village department is currently looking for dedicated and enthusiastic interns to assist in helping us in maintaining our diverse animal collection.
- Our collection includes reptiles, invertebrates, birds and mammals of all sizes.
- Interns will be working as full-time keepers and will assist in every aspect of animal care including, but not limited to; diet prep, daily husbandry, exhibit maintenance, enrichment, operant conditioning, medical procedures, observation, and public interaction.
- The village does do a variety of keeper talks and private encounters; memorization and public speaking are required skills.
- The internship is unpaid for a period of three months. Off-site housing is offered for a small fee (no pets allowed).
- Transportation is NOT provided.
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
- Must have at least two years toward a college degree in an animal related field.
- Preferred to have some animal related experience.
- Personal vehicle and valid driver’s license.
- Negative TB test.
- Good people skills.
- Able to speak to the public both individually and in a presentation setting.
- Able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
Job Status: Full-Time Volunteer (3 months with a possible 3 month extension.)
Seasonal Time Frames For Interns:
- Winter (December-February)
- Spring (March-May)
- Summer (June-August)
- Fall (September-November)
- When sending in your resume, cover-letter, and references - please specify which season(s) you are applying for.
Hours: 40 hours per week (Flexible)
How to Apply: Click Here to go online with Wild Life Safari