- Maintain and support good working processes for care staff ensuring continuation of services to residents.
- Supervise non-professional staff in the daily delivery of resident care, scheduling job assignments and develops nursing unit priorities and assists in identifying substitutes for staff absences.
- Prepares new admissions, transfers, and discharges, providing direct resident care as determined by resident condition.
- Complete treatments and procedures, as ordered by the resident’s care plan, and within scope of practice and related training while observing resident condition and reporting changes to physician and Resident Care Manager and/or Director of Nursing.
- Evaluate and record residents needs and responses to medications and administers medications as ordered by the physician and directs medication aides accordingly.
- Monitors resident skin condition and reports changes or new problems to physician and Resident Care Manager and monitors residents on alert status.
- Completes incident forms, transcribes and carries out physician orders and notifies family and physician as directed.
- Documents all pertinent information on interdisciplinary notes and 24-Hour D.N.S. report form, and documents medications, treatments and procedures performed on appropriate records.
- An active LPN certificate (or RN) or Associate Degree in Nursing.
- Must have a current, unencumbered LPN (or RN) license in the state you would be practicing in.
- Minimum of 1 year working in geriatric nursing, including experience with medication administration, delivery systems and pharmacies.
- Excellent written and oral communication and motivational skills are essential to success.
- Ability to creatively problem-solve in both resident care and employee management situations.
Job Status: Full-Time
Hours: All Shifts Available
Wage: Starting at $38.00 per hour
Location: Cottage Grove
How to Apply: Click Here to go online and apply with Coast Fork Nursing Center
Position Closes: Open Until Filled