Maintaining Your UCC Scholar Status
A student accepted as a UCC Scholar must agree to the following program participation requirements in order to receive/maintain the tuition waiver:
- Attend a one day (10am to 3pm) UCC Scholars Boot Camp on September 15 or September 16
- Enroll in fall term 2021
- Enroll in HD 136 in fall term 2021. Two options are available: MWF 9-9:50am or TuTh 9-10:20am. A participant who is part of another program which requires an HD course will have the HD 136 course requirement waived. A participant with 45 or more dual credits may have the HD 136 requirement waived; this is considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Enroll for no more than six consecutive terms (summer 2022 is optional).
- Enroll in and maintain a minimum of 12 credits each term. Enrollment in additional credits is allowed, however, any additional credits and all other fees or costs are not be covered by the 12 credit tuition waiver.
- If a course(s) is/are dropped/withdrawn from during the academic term, the tuition cost of the course may be requested to be reimbursed to the college.
- Maintain a minimum quarterly GPA of 3.50 while attending UCC as a participant in the UCC Scholars Program.
- Completion of the Associates degree or earning 90 credits before the six consecutive terms are completed ends participation in the program. Earned credit hours include any credits earned prior to acceptance as a UCC Scholar and all credits earned while a UCC Scholar.
- Meet with an assigned Academic Advisor and/or Peer Mentor a minimum of once per term during the first year as a UCC Scholar.
- Participate in two (2) hours/week of service on campus, weeks 2-10 of each term, during year one in the program.
Should the UCC Scholar fail to meet the GPA. or credit requirement, one opportunity to appeal continuing participation in the program is allowed. If the appeal is approved, the UCC Scholar is considered to be on program probation. As a probationary student, the UCC Scholar has specific conditions that must be met, along with the regular requirements of the program in order to remain in the program. Successful completion of the probation term returns the UCC Scholar to regular status in the program. Failure to complete the probation term removes the UCC Scholar from the program.
Director for Student Engagement